Free delivery over $79 | Click & Collect in 90 minutes | Offer ends Jan 22 | Learn more
2 Collection of your Personal Information
You can choose not to provide us with your Personal Information; however, we may not be able to provide products, services, information, respond to customer service requests, or otherwise carry out our general business functions.
We will collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
a) When you are an Animates customer
When you are an Animates customer, we will collect Personal Information that you provide us with in the course of your interaction and/or engagement with us. Personal Information may include, without limitation, your name, email address, physical address, contact number and details about your pet/s (including name, age, breed, gender, vaccination status, whether your pet is desexed or not, healthcare information and/or microchip number).
We collect Personal Information about you directly from you - this can be in person at one of our Animates Stores or Vetcare clinics, through completing a form at one of our Animates Stores or Vetcare clinics, through interacting with our Customer Service Team, submitting forms on our Websites, enrolling your pet in Animates Puppy Preschool, enrolling your Pet at an Animates cattery, social media channels, emails, telephone calls, live chat, or when you enter a competition or trade promotion with us.
When you visit an Animates store and/or Animates Vetcare clinic (including carparks), we may collect video footage and/or still images of you through video surveillance systems (wherever you see video surveillance systems and/or a sign notifying you ‘CCTV IN OPERATION’, or similar, including in store, in clinic, and in carparks).
When you sign up to be an Animates Account holder through our Websites, you also apply
to become a member of the Animates Petpoints (“APP”) Loyalty Programme. You can also apply to
become a member of the APP Loyalty Programme in participating Animates stores and/or Animates
If you are a member of the APP Loyalty Programme, you may be eligible to qualify to save on products and services through our Frequent Feeder and Frequent Groomer Programmes.
We encourage you to read our APP Loyalty Programme, Frequent Feeder Programme and Frequent Groomer terms and conditions here: Promotion Terms and Conditions | Petpoints| New | Animates Pet Supplies and Frequent Feeder FAQ and T&C | Animates Pet Supplies.
b) When you visit and submit Personal Information on our Websites
When you browse our Websites, we do not collect personally identifiable information from you. However, we do collect information from your device for the purposes of understanding how you use our Websites and to enhance your interaction with our Websites.
Cookies may record information about your visit, including the type of browser and operating system you use, the previous site you visited, your server’s IP address, the pages you access, and the information downloaded by you. While this anonymous statistical data may be aggregated and used in broader statistical analysis by us and our third party service providers to improve our services, at no time can we personally identify you as the source of that data.
You can disable cookies by setting your browser to not accept them. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features on our Websites.
When you submit information through our Websites, including when you book an appointment at a Vetcare clinic, enrol your pet in Animates Puppy Preschool, sign up to be an Animates account holder or APP Loyalty Programme member, or submit an enquiry form, we will collect Personal Information directly from you. This includes but is not limited to your:
• email address;
• physical address;
• contact number;
• information about your pet (including name, age, breed, gender, vaccination status, whether your pet is desexed or not, healthcare information and/or microchip number); and
• browsing data.
c) When you purchase products or services (online / in-store / in-clinic)
When you make a payment to purchase products or services through our Websites, you do so either through Windcave, PayPal, Afterpay or Laybuy.
These third parties have their own privacy policies, which you are recommended to view here:
PayPal Privacy Statement
We do not store any payment details from you when you make a purchase or payment online, in-store or in-clinic.
When setting up a subscription payment for products or services, either by way of credit card or debit card, we receive a payment token from third party provider Windcave that is linked to your credit or debit card details. Animates does not collect or store your credit or debit card details.
Animates takes reasonable steps to protect Personal Information against unauthorized access by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology when you make purchases through our Websites. Each time Animates collects any Personal Information when you make a purchase on our Websites, your details are encrypted and securely communicated to us.
For more information on how Animates protects your payment details, please review our Security Policy at https://www.animates.co.nz/security-policy.
User Generated Content
1. You may choose to submit information, content and materials to our Sites and/or Animates NZ (Holdings) Ltd (Animates)
• The “Content” refers to the image, photo, video, text, graphics, customer reviews of our Goods or Services or other Content you have published on social media platforms (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube) or submitted or uploaded directly to social media platforms affiliated with Animates and its subsidiaries and entities.
2. You acknowledge and agree that if you choose to submit or post User Generated Content, you must own or have the right to submit that User Generated Content. User Generated Content that you submit must be your own opinion. User Generated Content must not:
• infringe any intellectual property rights (including copyright, database right or trade
mark right) of any person or be in breach of any legal duty owed to any person,
such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
• deceive or be likely to deceive any person;
• be used to impersonate any person (including Animates and Animates’
representatives) or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person (including Animates and Animates’ representatives); or
• be illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, encourage any conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, violate any law or be otherwise inappropriate.
3. If you become aware or reasonably suspected that any User Generated Content on the Sites may infringe these requirements, you must promptly notify us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. User Generated Content that you submit or share on a Site may be seen by other users of the relevant Site or third parties. Where we have made relevant settings available, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honour the choices you make about who can see your User Generated Content.
5. You agree that Animates may:
• edit or delete your User Generated Content (excluding customer reviews of our Goods or Services);
• link your User Generated Content to other material, including User Generated Content submitted by other users or material created by Animates, its related bodies corporate and/or other third parties;
• use your User Generated Content for its business purposes, for example, displaying your User Generated Content in our marketing materials or on our Sites or social media pages;
• directly or indirectly benefit from your User Generated Content; and
• share your User Generated Content with its related bodies corporate, including other members of the Animates NZ (Holdings) Ltd.
6. Animates does not promise to display any User Generated Content that you provide.
7. Animates does not claim ownership rights in your User Generated Content, however, by submitting your User Generated Content to a Site you are deemed to grant Animates (and its licensors) an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free and worldwide licence to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, communicate to the public and process that User Generated Content in connection with the Sites without further consent from, or notice and/or compensation to, you.
By submitting and/or uploading your User Generated Content to a Site you consent to anything being done by Green Animates cross in respect of that User Generated Content that could otherwise amount to an infringement of your moral rights in such User Generated Content, and warrant that you have obtained such consent from all other authors of such User Generated Content.
8. The use of your Content is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with any social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat or Instagram.
3 Use of your Personal Information
• process and fulfil any one-off or repeat orders placed through our Websites, or in our Animates stores and/or Vetcare clinics;
• to communicate with you about orders, programmes, products, services, marketing, promotions, and special offers;
• to provide our services to your pet at our Animates stores, Animates Vetcare clinics, Animates Puppy Preschool and/or Animates catteries;
• to provide and improve upon our customer service and our Websites and to seek your feedback in relation to customer satisfaction and our relationship with you;
• for statistical and analytical purposes;
• to comply with our regulatory reporting and legal obligations;
• to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim; and
• for any other purpose authorised by you or the Privacy Act.
4 Disclosure of Personal Information
Animates does not sell, rent, lend, exchange or trade your Personal Information. Animates will not disclose Personal Information to third parties to market their goods and services.
Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties for the purposes outlined above at clause 3, and for directly related purposes, including those required by the Privacy Act.
Some of these third parties include, but are not limited to:
• third party services providers, suppliers, or contractors who we conduct ordinary business with (including payment systems operators, freight and logistics providers, communications providers, and courier companies);
• advertising and marketing providers that require non-identifiable data to provide relevant advertising or analytical information; and
• selected providers and vendors authorised by us to carry out our business activities.
We will primarily collect and store Personal Information in New Zealand.
If at any time we need to send Personal Information outside of New Zealand to an overseas agency that may use the information for its own purposes, we will:
a) take steps to ensure that we believe on reasonable grounds that the overseas agency receiving the Personal Information is subject to privacy protections that, overall, provide comparable safeguards to those provided under the Privacy Act;
b) enter into a binding contractual agreement with the overseas agency receiving the Personal Information confirming that it will protect the Personal Information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those provided under the Privacy Act; or
c) obtain the express authorisation of the individual concerned to disclose their Personal Information overseas after expressly informing them that the overseas agency may not be required to protect the information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those provided under the Privacy Act.
5 Storage and Security of your Personal Information
We take the security of your Personal Information seriously and ensure that we comply with our legal obligations to protect your Personal Information. Access to your Personal Information is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their responsibilities.
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
While we take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information, no data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of Personal Information that you send to us or your use of our Websites. Any Personal Information you send us is at your own risk, but once we receive it, we take appropriate steps to safeguard it.
6 Storage and Security of your customer account details
If you are an Animates account holder, you are responsible for your customer login details, including your email address and password. You are responsible for all actions taken using your customer login and you should not share your customer login details with anyone else.
7 External links from our Websites
Our Websites may contain links to websites which are owned and operated by other parties. While we endeavour to check that the content of these websites is suitable, we are not responsible for the information on, or the privacy practices of these websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies on these websites to understand how your Personal Information will be collected, stored, used, and disclosed. www.animates.co.nz uses the YouTube API, by accessing YouTube through this API you are agreeing to be bound by the YouTube Terms of Services, located here.
8 Retention and destruction of your Personal Information
We will retain Personal Information that we collect for as long as it is required for the purpose/s for which it was collected, or otherwise as required by law. Once your Personal Information is no longer required, Animates will take reasonable steps to destroy or delete all identifying details, so that only anonymised data is retained.
9 Accuracy, and Your Right to Access or Correct Personal Information
Animates takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we hold is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant, and not misleading.
If you are an Animates account holder, you can access some of the Personal Information we hold on you by logging into your account through our Websites.
For most requests, your Personal Information will be provided free of charge, however, Animates may charge a reasonable fee to cover its costs in relation to your request.
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Privacy Act, if you believe your Personal Information held by Animates is not accurate, complete, or otherwise requires amendment, please do not hesitate to contact Animates by email or post on:
The Privacy Officer – Animates NZ Holdings Ltd.
2 Robert Street, PO Box 11-959, Ellerslie, Auckland, 1051, New Zealand
10 Opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional material
Animates acknowledges and respects its customers' choice to opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional materials from Animates. All emails, SMS, and newsletters from Animates allow you to opt-out of further mailings by clicking on the link or responding ‘unsubscribe’, to particular communication or groups or all communications. If you are an Animates account holder, you can elect to opt-out of receiving marketing by logging into your account on our Websites.
If you have any concerns about opting out of receiving marketing and promotional material from Animates, please contact our Privacy Officer on the contact details outlined below.
11 Mandatory reporting of notifiable privacy breaches
If your Personal Information is involved in a privacy breach which we reasonably believe is notifiable or must be reported in accordance with the Privacy Act (“Notifiable Privacy Breach”), we will inform the affected individual/s and report the Notifiable Privacy Breach to the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
13 Contact, complaints and resolving your privacy concerns
If you are concerned with the way your Personal Information has been handled, please contact our Privacy Officer on the details below. We will investigate and respond to any complaints or concerns as soon as possible and in accordance with the time frames and procedures set out in the Privacy Act.
The Privacy Officer – Animates NZ Holdings Ltd.
2 Robert Street, PO Box 11-959, Ellerslie, Auckland, 1051, New Zealand
If you are not satisfied with how we have handled your complaint, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. https://www.privacy.org.nz/about-us/contact/